Women's Separated/Divorced Therapeutic Support Group
Click here for more information
Is it really over? I am so lonely.
Help me with my anger and sadness.
What do I tell the kids?
Am I really capable of being on my own?
When should I start dating? Do I even want to?
Going through a separation or divorce is one of the most traumatic events that you will ever experience. Whether the separation or divorce is a mutual decision or one partner chooses to leave, it can be difficult to see the future as bright and promising.
You probably have a bunch of unanswered questions ranging from legal, financial and emotional concerns. You may be getting unsolicited advice from family and friends. You may not know who to go to or who to trust. Your thoughts and feelings probably change from one day to the next. You are not alone if you are feeling:
- deeply confused about what to do next
- depressed, anxious, angry or fearful
- guilty about the breakup especially if you have kids
- insecure about the future
It wasn't easy but if I can do it, you can too!
My clients have told me that I provided them with a safe, encouraging and empowering experience during this difficult time. I will do the same for you. I can help you learn how to:
- cope with feelings of loss, anger, sadness and loneliness
- rebuild self-esteem and restore hope
- communicate better with your ex-spouse concerning co-parenting, visitation, financial matters etc.
- be single again, date and set new goals for yourself
I will answer all your unanswered questions as best as I can and if necessary I will refer you to other resources in the community that you may need.
Risa Simpson-Davis, LCSW
for an appointment this week